The Goethe Certificate B2 is a German examination for adults. It attests to an advanced language level and corresponds to the fourth level (B2) of the six-level proficiency scale of the Common European Reference Framework for languages (CEFR).
You have attended the level B2 German course and ideally the B2 examination training and would like to complete your skills with a certificate.
You are at language level B2 according to the Common European Reference Framework.
- You understand the main content of more complicated texts on practical and abstract topics, and also specialist discussions in your own special topic.
- You can make yourself understood spontaneously and fluently so that a normal conversation with native speakers is easy for both parties without too much effort.
- You can express yourself clearly and in detail on a wide range of topics, express an opinion on a current question, and state the advantages and disadvantages of various possibilities.
Goethe Certificate B2
Information concerning examinations
You did not pass a part of your exam?
You have the option to repeat either the written or the oral part. You will find the details including costs under the heading "Exam details at a glance".
General information about the examination
- The examination fee must be paid 10 days before the examination date at the latest.
- If you de-register with us fewer than 20 days before the examination, we will have to charge you 50% of the examination fee. If you de-register 10 days or fewer before the examination or do not attend the exam, we will charge 100% of the examination fee.
- Your personal examination plan will be sent to you 10 days before the exam.
- Please bring your identity card and your receipt for the examination fee with you on the day of the exam.
- The full results will be released only after the examination fee has been paid