The Goethe Certificate C1 is a German examination for adults. It attests to a highly advanced language level and corresponds to the fifth level (C1) of the six-level proficiency scale of the Common European Reference Framework for languages (CEFR).
You have attended the level C1 German course and ideally the C1 examination training and would like to complete your skills with a certificate.
You are at language level C1 according to the Common European Reference Framework.
- You understand a broad spectrum of challenging longer texts.
- You can express yourself spontaneously and fluently, without having to search for words often. Furthermore, you can use German effectively and flexibly in your social and professional life or during training and studying.
- You can express yourself clearly, with structure and thoroughly on a wide range of topics with complex issues.
Goethe Certificate C1
Information concerning examinations
You did not pass a part of your exam?
You have the option to repeat either the written or the oral part. You will find the details including costs under the heading "Exam details at a glance".
General information about the examination
- The examination fee must be paid 10 days before the examination date at the latest.
- If you de-register with us fewer than 20 days before the examination, we will have to charge you 50% of the examination fee. If you de-register 10 days or fewer before the examination or do not attend the exam, we will charge 100% of the examination fee.
- Your personal examination plan will be sent to you 10 days before the exam.
- Please bring your identity card and your receipt for the examination fee with you on the day of the exam.
- The full results will be released only after the examination fee has been paid