Start German 1 is a German examination for adults. It attests to very basic language skills and corresponds to the first level (A1) of the six-level proficiency scale of the Common European Reference Framework for Languages (CEFR).
You have attended the level A1 German course and would like to complete your skills with a certificate.
You are at language level A1 according to the Common European Reference Framework.
- You can make yourself understood in a simple way if the conversation partners speak slowly and clearly.
- You understand familiar, everyday and popular expressions as well as simple sentences.
- You can introduce yourself and ask other people about themselves.
Goethe Certificate A1 – Start German 1
General information about the examination
- The examination fee must be paid 10 days before the examination date at the latest.
- If you de-register with us fewer than 20 days before the examination, we will have to charge you 50% of the examination fee. If you de-register 10 days or fewer before the examination or do not attend the exam, we will charge 100% of the examination fee.
- Your personal examination plan will be sent to you 10 days before the exam.
- Please bring your identity card and your receipt for the examination fee with you on the day of the exam.
- The results will be announced approximately 4 weeks after the test.
Please register by email to Brigitte Pirovano