The Goethe Certificate B1 is a German examination for adults. It attests to independent use of the German language and corresponds to the third level (B1) of the six-level proficiency scale of the Common European Reference Framework for languages (CEFR).
- You have attended the level B1 German course and ideally the B1 examination training and would like to complete your skills with a certificate.
- You are at least 12 years old.
You are at language level B1 according to the Common European Reference Framework.
- You can understand the main information if clear, standard language is used and if the topic is about familiar things from work, school, leisure time, etc.
- You can tackle the majority of situations encountered when travelling in a German-speaking country.
- You can express yourself simply and coherently on familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- You are able to talk about experiences and events, describe dreams, hopes and aims, and give short justifications or explanations.
Goethe Certificate B1
Information concerning examinations
You have the possibility of completing single modules. You will find the various possibilities and costs when you click on «register» on the bottom of the page.
General information about the examination
- The examination fee must be paid 10 days before the examination date at the latest.
- If you de-register with us fewer than 20 days before the examination, we will have to charge you 50% of the examination fee. If you de-register 10 days or fewer before the examination or do not attend the exam, we will charge 100% of the examination fee.
- Your personal examination plan will be sent to you 10 days before the exam.
- Please bring your identity card and your receipt for the examination fee with you on the day of the exam.
- The results will be announced approximately 4 weeks after the test.
Please register by email to Brigitte Pirovano